As a member of CompuCom’s ITaaS Remote Discovery (RD) Team, you will be part of an elite team of service delivery experts providing very high technical support for our SMB clients through our MITaaS delivery offerings. The Remote Discovery SA will be a leader in the Support Center team and will be engaged for detailed remote client onboarding support. You will work primarily in the office, with occasional travel to client sites for onboarding and network/equipment design support. Position includes knowledge of remote discovery tools, support, leveraging RMM software installations/configuration and remote client data compilation.
The ITaaS Remote Discovery SA will operate as a leader within the Remote Service Delivery team working closely with the Sales and Solutions/Engineering teams to seamlessly document, discover and deploy remote discovery tools to ensure detailed client configurations and topology. Discovery is completed to allow on-site delivery teams to be successful in supporting our ITaaS for our clients. As a member of our Support Center Service Delivery team, you will serve as a mentor for our Support Center agents and work as a Smart Hands resource when leveraging our Field SMB techs and Distributed Field Services Team’s for the balance of any remaining “on-site” discovery as needed.
WHO ARE WE:
CompuCom ITaaS solutions are designed to simplify technology solutions for small and medium businesses. CompuCom, an IT services company supports the top enterprise corporations in the U.S. The CompuCom ITaaS team is designed to offer enterprise-level support to our local business communities. We provide small and medium-sized businesses with industrial-strength tech support and business-class hardware and software. We offer a combination of repair and IT maintenance services. CompuCom is changing the way local businesses get support for the technology they rely on.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Travel remote up to 10% and provide Fast reactive technical services local and remote.
- Deliver remote (office based) technical discovery services, assisting with support of field resources with the balance of “on-site” client discovery and ensuring the clients are onboard with a full capture of all relevant client-specific data points to ensure successful remote and onsite service delivery.
- Provide integrated cross-functional communications between Discovery Team, Solutions/Engineering and Remote/Onsite Service Delivery.
- Mentor and provide leadership to optimize the effectiveness of the Remote Discovery support team.
- Track all time relating to each project, break-fix cases and document assigned responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
8+ years of direct IT experience as a Solutions Architect with involvement in Network design, planning, rollout and implementation. Experience troubleshooting, supporting and repairing all network, hardware, and software related issues in an SMB Environment. Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 1+ years of professional experience in a matrix organization.
REQUIRED SKILLS & CREDENTIALS
Experience working as a Solutions Architect for small and medium business or consultant experience supporting client project and upgrade plans. Proficient in MS Office. Required industry standard certs include A+, Network+, Server+, CCNA (or higher), ACMT (or ACSP), and MCSE at a minimum. OEM certs from Dell, Lexmark, HP, Xerox, Apple, IOS and similar are strongly preferred. Extensive Operating System and Application installation/troubleshooting experience in both Microsoft and Apple environments. BS in IT or related field preferred.
- SME Experience preferred including Cisco CCIE or CCNP, Office 365, Sharepoint and Juniper
- Experience with Remote Management and Monitoring (Kaseya, Automate, Labtech)
- Experience Mounting & Configuring new Meraki AP’s
- Create inbound NATs/ACLs for Exchange server on the firewall
- High level of expertise and extensive knowledge working with SMB Networks including design assistance, planning, implementation, configuration, Security, Wi-Fi, VoIP, Packet prioritization, Internet connectivity, Firewalls, SAN’s, VPN's, VLAN's, advanced troubleshooting, and resolution support for both local and wide-area networks and web filtering.
- Highly skilled in the areas of complex devices such as network routers, switches, concentrators, hubs, wireless access points, fiber optics, telephony circuits/equipment, security/video surveillance systems, servers, and storage arrays.
- Widely experienced with a variety of Network, Workstation, Laptop, and Server hardware manufacturers such as Cisco, Dell, HP, IBM, Apple, and Lenovo as well as the operating systems that run on these platforms including various versions of Microsoft Workstation/Server operating systems, Apple Macintosh OS X, Virtualization packages.
- Expert in the area of Backup / Restore solutions for both local Workstation and Server environments including Cloud capabilities.
- Microdevice (cell phones, tablets, etc.) hardware and software repair/support experience across all major OEM's including Android, Apple IOS, and Windows Mobile operating platforms.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
- Creativity: Finding new and innovative solutions to problems requires creativity and ability to look at the “big picture” and understanding impact of upgrades and their effect on other client devices.
- Problem-solving skills, device management, task prioritization, ticket management, escalation, follow up, and thorough documentation of all activities.
- Resilient, analytical thinking, multi-tasking skills, superb listening skills, detail and results oriented, patience, and flexibility.
- Strong attention to Detail and following outlined processes.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
PHYSICAL & COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel daily up to 75% and stay overnight on occasion.
- Remain calm in emotionally-charged situations.
- Manage simultaneous and conflicting priorities while staying organized to meet deadlines.
- Work independently with minimal supervision, and work well with others in a team environment.
- Learn quickly and support new technologies.
- Work may be required on weekends and non-traditional business hours.
- Work is generally performed in a client business office.
- Business casual attire is the standard. Some corporate offices and client sites may have dress codes that exceed guidelines and must be accommodated.