The Transition Manager role will be Responsible for ensuring the customer needs are satisfied by providing specific deliverables consistent with the SOW. Creates project plans and labor estimates, in addition to requesting resources and providing all project management functions. Ensures good practices in standard methodologies and processes are used to deliver integrated solutions. Directs, coordinates and exercises functional authority for control, integration and completion of projects. Prepares status reports, assures time line compliance, assesses risks and recommends solutions. Provides direction to project team members and appropriate communications to customers.
This position is for a Transition Manager with specific experience with all technology services and may include multi-tower, smaller Managed Services transitions. These include, but are not limited to Service Desk, Desk Side Support, Endpoint Management, Depot Services, Field Dispatch Services, and Network / Security / Server services. In addition to the standard principle duties and responsibilities, the following would apply:
1. Plans, directs, and co-ordinates a cross-functional team's activities to manage and implement new clients’ IT Services and/or interrelated programs from contract/proposal initiation to final operational stage. Can develop, customize, and manage a detailed IT Services Migration project plan for required Service towers.
2. Demonstrated experience with mixed IT Services tasks and responsibilities. Can define and lead detailed transition planning and methods including management of cross-functional service teams, manage requirements and delivery from third party providers for hardware/software /network as well as colocation site providers.
3. Facilitates the creation of communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders.
4. Determines, monitors, and reviews all project/program economics to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, sub-contractors, resources and risks.
5. Identifies, assembles and evaluates the appropriate blend of resources to meet project/program needs and requirements, including offshore partners and sub-contractor selection.
6. Works with Account Management and Service Delivery Management to ensure adherence to legally binding requirements and client's long-term goals. Works with senior management on project/program proposals, bids, contracts, estimates, and schedules.
7. Controls project/program requirements, scope, and change management issues.
8. Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key program criteria.
9. Identifies and recommends contingency measures resulting from risks, scope changes or unplanned events.
Level of Formal Education: Bachelor’s degree, or technical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Years of Experience: 3 to 5 years of related work experience
Type of Experience: Project Management, Managed Services
Special Certifications: PMP, ITIL