CompuCom Systems, a leading IT service company and a subsidiary of CompuCom, is seeking a Staff Accountant (Revenue Recognition) to help lead the transformation and optimization of processes and procedures related to revenue recognition of its IT Service contracts with customers, particularly as the Company prepares to conform to the FASB’s new revenue recognition standard.
What You’ll Do
- Integral role in the Company’s compliance with the FASB’s new revenue recognition standard.
- Manage monthly and quarterly close process for certain customer accounts (i.e., revenue, cost of sales, deferred revenue, and accrued A/R)
- Document revenue recognition position on new customer contracts.
- Review contracts to identify accounting issues and to monitor compliance with the company's revenue recognition policies.
- Assist sales, legal, and pricing teams with contract negotiations by participating in discussions, reviewing draft contracts, and providing revenue recognition recommendations.
- Assist in the effort to provide guidance/training with groups outside of corporate accounting, including legal, sales and finance to ensure all sources of revenue are properly reviewed for accounting purposes and processed on a timely basis.
- Monitor industry/regulatory changes with respect to revenue recognition, and help develop new processes and policies to accommodate accordingly
- Support Sales and Operational teams
- Assist quarterly review and annual audit by external auditors in the areas of revenue recognition.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- CPA preferred; Masters a plus
- 5+ years’ related accounting experience with at least 1 years’ experience in revenue accounting
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of U.S. GAAP, especially in the areas of revenue recognition, with comprehensive accounting and technical skills.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage projects and prioritize workload effectively and independently.
- Strong computer skills, including advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Hands on experience with an enterprise level financial software system, ideally Oracle.
- Able to take initiative, work independently or as part of a team and meet tight deadlines
Help us grow our legacy. We’re transforming the way all businesses get IT services. Our client’s tech problems are no longer theirs, the ownership lies with us.
We innovate everything. We connect everyone. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
Join CompuCom. Grow with CompuCom. Build the CompuCom legacy!