The Bilingual HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units; which may include both CompuCom and Grand & Toy associates. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues while acting as a cross-functional subject matter expert specific to Canadian employment law/procedures, which will include province specific regulatory matters. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent while operating within a matrix reporting environment. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions while leveraging bi-lingual capabilities (English/French). The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Participates/facilitates weekly/monthly meetings with respective business units to assess and anticipate HR-related needs. Leverage French speaking/writing capabilities when assisting the broader organization.
- Consults with leaders and managers, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to leaders and management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance to leaders on new hire onboarding, promotions and transfers.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit/functional area restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be fluent in French and English both written and spoken
- BA/BS in Business Management/Human Resources
- 5-8 years of comparable experience
- Strong strategic and tactical project management skills
- Excellent communicator
- Strong initiative, collaboration skills and work ethic
- Strong attention to detail; solid experience in generating metric driven solutions.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a team-oriented environment
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- Operational Efficiency-Consistently review, identify and implement changes that maintain our commitment to be an operationally efficient department
- Business Acumen-Engage your internal clients, as well as the broader industry, to identify and utilize HR solutions in support of key business initiatives.
- Relationship Management-Manage all aspects of the HR experience, whether directly or indirectly while promoting the CompuCom core values.
- Project Management-Demonstrate the ability to break down complex initiatives into manageable tasks with key milestones and deadlines listed.
- Demonstrate the highest degree and respect and integrity in all aspects of the role.
- Bring sincere enthusiasm to the HRBP role, and drive our cultural initiatives through via leading by example
- Demonstrate a high degree of decisiveness, while maintaining a level of due diligence behind every key decision.
- Effectively manage/prioritize time, while building key relationships within the matrix managed organization.