CompuCom is now a part of the Office Depot family of companies. Come join a growing global company that has a laid-back culture, values your skills, focuses on growing your career, and promotes work-life balance. Competitive pay and full benefits including 401k with matching that all start on your first day. We would love to have you on the CompuCom team in our new state-of-the-art office Ft. Mill, SC.
Our Level 2 IT Service Desk Call Center Support Agents are responsible for assisting Level 1's(L1's) with escalations and technical questions. They also provide technical coaching and training as things change in the environment.
They also spend their day on the phone coordinating, diagnosing, and troubleshooting incoming employee calls for a wide variety of clients and industries just like an L1. They are the first point of contact for all technical support service requests. These are requests for support for technical/IT issues involving desktop and laptop application software or network services from local personnel or from employees using remote network access.
- Assisting L1's with escalations and technical questions. They also provide technical coaching and training as things change in the environment.
- Resolves Level 1 and Level 2 issues. Elevates complex and/or high priority problems they cannot solve to the appropriate support groups for resolution(L3 Agent, Manager, etc.)
- IT Service Desk - provides first level technical support through phone, email and chat support (if applicable) to resolve technical end user service and support requests
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots end user desktop application issues and provides appropriate solution
- Follow-up with end users to provide status updates as per service level guidelines(SLA's)
- Performs account management and maintenance for various applications and systems (e.g., creates or modifies user accounts and permissions, and performs password resets).
- Communicates with customers at all levels of technical and non-technical skills sets
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) through the effective use of Knowledge management
- Work collaboratively with people across the organization
- Support for PCs, laptops, printers, cell phones, and tablets etc.
- Support end users in their use of applications such as Microsoft Office, ERP, CRM, VPN, Citrix, and MDM (mobile device management) including install, modification and repair
- Minimum of 18 months+ experience working in a IT Service Desk/inbound Call Center environment
- Experience using ITSM Ticketing tools (e.g. Service Now, Remedy) or similar ticketing systems to manage and track incidents
- Preferred, not required: Associate’s (or equivalent) degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from a technical school
- Preferred, not required: Certification in relevant IT products/technologies (Examples, CompTIA (A+, Network +, Server+ and Security+ certifications and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP))
- Ability to talk and type accurately at least 30 wpm
- Sound understanding of customer support, operations, and processes
- Able to communicate effectively in English both written and verbally, with key stakeholders, leadership, partners, team members, other organizations, and customers
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems, networks, databases and network security concepts and tools is required
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office application suite including MS Outlook
- Experience with multi-platform Windows O/S required
- Active Directory, and Exchange preferred
- Solid analytical/cognitive skills to troubleshoot complex and technical problems
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrated capability to achieve results under pressure in a fast paced client driven environment
- Strong desire and enthusiasm to serve customers
- Basic knowledge of ITIL, Service Desk metrics/SLA’s, and mobile device support