CompuCom Systems, a leading IT service company and subsidiary of Office Depot, is seeking an Accounting Manager to help lead the transformation and optimization of processes and procedures across departments to implement best practice initiatives. The Manager will need to have a strong understanding of US GAAP. The position will be responsible for oversight over a group of staff accountants of various processes during the monthly general ledger close. This position will need to be able to understand various accounting guidance and possess the ability to help the staff account for the transactions in their respective areas. Additionally, this position will interact monthly with the Financial Controls & Analysis team related to analysis of the financial numbers and provide explanations to the team and management.
What You’ll Do
- Review and analyze monthly journal entries prepared by staff for month end close
- Monitor the staff’s progress of monthly close to verify close is meeting respective timelines
- Assist with review of monthly balance sheet variance analysis for respective accounts assigned to staff
- Review and analyze monthly balance sheet reconciliations and help team resolve any reconciling items
- Researches, compiles, and analyzes data related to special projects
- Help to monitor that financial controls are being performed by team members and re-design of controls as necessary
- Coordinate across cross functional departments within the company to aide in analysis and research
- Solve a wide range of complex problems using professional concepts and company policies and procedures in imaginative and practical ways
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Conducts research projects in Accounting/Finance and resolves complex issues and inquiries by internal or external customers.
- Work with external auditors in conjunction with CompuCom’s annual financial statement audits and quarterly reviews
- Manage a team of approximately 5 to 6 people
Who You Are
- Ability to work in a fast pace and ever changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required
- Master’s degree in accounting is preferred, but not required
- Licensed CPA is preferred, but not required
- 5+ years’ related accounting experience with solid knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Experience with Oracle ERP System required or other enterprise level financial software systems preferred
- Strong problem solving, analytical, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to manage projects and prioritize workload effectively and independently
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
Help us grow our legacy. We’re transforming the way all businesses get IT services. Our client’s tech problems are no longer theirs, the ownership lies with us.
We innovate everything. We connect everyone. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
Join CompuCom. Grow with CompuCom. Build the CompuCom legacy!