CompuCom Systems, a leading IT service company and subsidiary of Office Depot, is seeking a Senior Accountant to help lead the transformation and optimization of processes and procedures across departments to implement best practice initiatives. The Senior Accountant will need to have a basic understanding of US GAAP. The role will include working on several areas of corporate accounting and business unit finance support. The position will be responsible for tasks ranging from journal entries to analysis during the monthly general ledger close and responsible for preparations of reconciliations as well. Additionally, this position will interact monthly with the Financial Controls & Analysis team related to analysis of the financial numbers and provide explanations to the team and management.
What You’ll Do
- Review, analyze and prepare monthly journal entries for month end close related to general corporate accounting processes
- Analyze balance sheet and income statement account fluctuations and provide explanations for any significant or unusual changes in balances
- Prepare detailed account reconciliations, obtain corresponding support to verify accuracy of the financial numbers and resolve any reconciling items timely
- Coordinate across cross-functional departments within the company to aide in analysis, research, adherence to GAAP accounting standards and compliance with SOX internal controls
- Researches, compiles and analyzes data related to special projects
- Solve a wide range of complex problems using professional concepts and company policies and procedures in imaginative and practical ways
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Works with the external auditors in conjunction with annual financial statement audits and quarterly reviews
Who You Are
- Ability to work in a fast pace and ever changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required
- Master’s degree in accounting is preferred, but not required
- Licensed CPA is preferred, but not required
- 5+ years’ related accounting experience
- Big 4 experience preferred, but not required
- Experience with Oracle ERP System required or other enterprise level financial software systems preferred
- Ability to travel to US on a periodic basis to meet with cross-functional teams
- Strong problem solving, analytical, multi-tasking and organizational skills
Help us grow our legacy. We’re transforming the way all businesses get IT services. Our client’s tech problems are no longer theirs, the ownership lies with us.
We innovate everything. We connect everyone. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
Join CompuCom. Grow with CompuCom. Build the CompuCom legacy!