CompuCom Systems, a leading IT service company and subsidiary of Office Depot, is seeking a Senior Accountant to help lead the transformation and optimization of processes and procedures across departments to implement best practice initiatives. The Senior Accountant will need to have a basic understanding of US GAAP. The role will include working on several areas of corporate accounting and business unit finance support. The position will be responsible for tasks ranging from journal entries to analysis during the monthly general ledger close and responsible for preparations of reconciliations as well. Additionally, this position will interact monthly with the Financial Controls & Analysis team related to analysis of the financial numbers and provide explanations to the team and management.
What You’ll Do
- Review, analyze and prepare monthly journal entries for month end close, including expense accruals, amortizations, cost allocations, and any others that may be required
- Prepare monthly reports detailing all Marketing Expenditures and Receipts
- Prepare monthly reports detailing all maintenance of the Marketing Development responsibilities
- Prepare and analyze balance sheet account reconciliations for various accounts and provide explanations for any unusual balances.
- Researches compile and analyzes data related to special projects.
- Solve a wide range of complex problems using professional concepts and company policies and procedures in imaginative and practical ways.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Conducts research projects in Accounting/Finance and resolves complex issues and inquiries by internal or external customers.
- Works with the external auditors in conjunction with CompuCom's annual financial statement audits and quarterly reviews.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Inventory management experience (Cost accounting not required)
- Knowledge of Oracle and Oracle Projects
- Experience with Co-Marketing and Marketing Development Funds
- Licensed CPA.
- 4+ years’ related accounting experience.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage projects and prioritize workload effectively and independently.
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, emphasis on Excel.
- Experience with Oracle and Oracle Project
- Able to take initiative, work independently or as a part of a team and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Help us grow our legacy. We’re transforming the way all businesses get IT services. Our client’s tech problems are no longer theirs, the ownership lies with us.
We innovate everything. We connect everyone. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
Join CompuCom. Grow with CompuCom. Build the CompuCom legacy!