CompuCom Systems, Inc. provides end-to-end managed services, technology and consulting to enable the digital workplace for enterprise, midsize and small businesses. Celebrating its 30th year, CompuCom delights with individual experiences, drives workplace collaboration and productivity, and delivers operational performance and efficiency.
CompuCom enables our clients to focus on what matters most – their customers and their businesses. To do so, we employ a customer-centric, hard-working, and talented group of people. Join the team today by applying to the following role:
The TechServices SMB Solutions Engineer will be part of the System Engineering team within the TechServices Business Unit. The program is focused on providing support for Small and Medium Businesses. The TechServices SMB Solutions Engineer troubleshoots and resolves desktop, server, and network issues remotely or by leveraging on-site smart hands field engineers. Handle most user and server issues before finding it necessary to escalate. Install software, patches, updates on desktops, and laptops. Troubleshoot network, software, and printing problems. Installs and/or upgrade Microsoft Operating Systems. Performs virus detection and removal. Provide support Engineers on projects, i.e. server and firewall installs, migrations, voip installations, VPN setup, new office infrastructure build outs, etc.
Who You Are
The SMB Solution Engineer has the ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems using professional concepts and company policies and procedures in imaginative and practical ways. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments or projects.
• Deliver technical services, problem-solving, analytical and corrective resolutions to client
requests/onboarding; monitor alerts, and manage project requirements.
• Provide escalation support for other members of small technical team; work with management to mentor and optimize effectiveness of support team.
• Monitor and manage workstation, server, and network components.
• Track all time relating to each project and document assigned responsibilities.
• Set up Windows 2012 Servers (virtual and physical) out of the box.
• Manage Active Directory and group policies (creation and troubleshooting).
• Migrate servers and transfer active directory roles.
• Administer Office 365 – set up new accounts, install software, DirSync, etc.
• Troubleshoot email issues -- send/receive testing and issue resolution.
• Install and troubleshoot firewall/routers -- Rules, NAT, VLANs, VPN (site-to-site and remote user) - web filtering.
• Oversee wireless network deployments.
• Test and resolve ISP/connectivity issues.
• Requires 3-6 years of related work experience or Bachelor's degree or technical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 1+ years of professional experience in a matrix organization.
Join the Leader In the Delivery of Technology Solutions
CompuCom has a clear vision and roadmap for the future of technology, and how it can help businesses achieve their goals.
Learn more about CompuCom and how our comprehensive solutions and services benefit six of the top ten Fortune 500 businesses, seven of the top ten retail businesses, and six of the top ten financial services firms in North America. Visit us online at CompuCom.com.