CompuCom Systems, a leading IT service company and a subsidiary of Office Depot, is seeking a Director of Accounting to help lead the transformation and optimization of processes and procedures. Additionally, this position will be responsible for oversight of the monthly general ledger close and interactions monthly with Financial Controls & Analysis team related to analysis of financial performance.
What You’ll Do
- Integral role in the Company’s upcoming initiative to achieve compliance with SOX
- Manage monthly general ledger close process and review of corresponding internal reporting and external reporting to parent
- Assist in the effort to provide guidance/training with groups outside of corporate accounting, including legal, sales and finance to ensure all sources of data are properly reviewed for accounting purposes and processed on a timely basis.
- Direct coordination with the Financial Controls & Analysis and Revenue departments
- Assist quarterly review and annual audit by external auditors in the areas of general accounting processes
- Prepare and review of monthly, and quarterly income statement and balance sheet flux
- Manage a team of approximately 10 to 15 people
Who you are?
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- CPA required; Masters a plus
- 5+ years of managing accounting departments and operations in a service or product related industry with public company experience preferred or equivalent public accounting experience
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements as well as the and ability to perform accounting research.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage projects and prioritize workload effectively and independently.
- Strong computer skills, including advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Hands on experience with an enterprise level financial software system, ideally Oracle.
- Able to take initiative, work independently or as part of a team and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and collaboration skills required.