CompuCom Systems, a leading IT service company and subsidiary of Office Depot, is seeking a Director of Accounting (Revenue) to lead the transformation and optimization of processes and procedures related to revenue recognition of its IT Service and Product contracts with customers, particularly as the Company prepares to conform to the FASB’s new revenue recognition standard.
What You’ll Do
- Insure Company’s compliance with ASC 606 and internal controls over the revenue process in conformity with SOX
- Manage monthly and quarterly close process for product and service revenue (i.e., revenue, cost of sales, deferred revenue, and accrued A/R)
- Document revenue recognition position on new customer contracts
- Review contracts to identify accounting issues and to monitor compliance with the company's revenue recognition policies
- Assist sales, legal, and pricing teams with contract negotiations by participating in discussions, reviewing draft contracts, and providing revenue recognition recommendations
- Assist in the effort to provide guidance/training with groups outside of corporate accounting, including legal, sales and finance to ensure all sources of revenue are properly reviewed for accounting purposes and processed on a timely basis.
- Monitor industry/regulatory changes with respect to revenue recognition, and help develop new processes and policies to accommodate accordingly
- Assist quarterly review and annual audit by external auditors in the areas of revenue recognition and cost of sales
- Manage a team of approximately 10 to 15 people
Who you are?
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- CPA required; Masters a plus
- 5+ years’ accounting management experience with strong knowledge of revenue related accounting. Service or technology industry experience preferred.
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of U.S. GAAP, especially in the areas of revenue recognition, with comprehensive accounting and technical skills.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage projects and prioritize workload effectively and independently.
- Strong computer skills, including advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Hands on experience with an enterprise level financial software system, ideally Oracle.
- Able to take initiative, work independently or as part of a team and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and collaboration skills required
Help us grow our legacy. We’re transforming the way all businesses get IT services. Our client’s tech problems are no longer theirs, the ownership lies with us. We innovate everything. We connect everyone. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Join CompuCom. Grow with CompuCom. Build the CompuCom legacy.