Desktop Support Technician
The role of the Desktop Support Technician is to provide support for all users. The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. IT Support staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail and in person (for walk-in customers).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems and across a range of software applications.
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
- To install and configure new IT equipment.
- To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware
- To maintain a first class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are provided an Exceptional service experience.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
- Exhibit a flexible approach to working and provide necessary coverage where needed.
- To work to and within the relevant policies and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of Customer Service best practices.
- Previous experience of working in an IT support role.
- Previous Experience within a customer service role.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 8 & 10 as well as various software packages including Microsoft Office and Webex.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate practical troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques.
- Good attention to detail and ability to show initiative.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and perform under pressure to meet Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
A+ preferred, but not required
Lenovo Warranty Certification preferred, but not required