Senior Solution Director / Digital Architect (SDA)
*Office Depot Headquarters Onsite Boca Raton, FL (must Relocate)*
This position is specifically slated to provide a CompuCom interface to the Office Depot (ODP) organization to scope, document and cost model both the normal day to day technology support requests by ODP that will be delivered by CompuCom, as well as provide the representation of CompuCom related to integrating CompuCom’s Digital Strategies into ODP and coordinating their implementation.
The selected individual will need to be versed in all aspects of the CompuCom service capabilities in EUE, SEM and CTS as well as acquire and maintain knowledge of the CompuCom Digital Strategies and value propositions. This individual will manage the ideation, creation, solution development, costing and contractual arrangements with ODP in conjunction and operation of the CompuCom solution models and best practices.
Primarily engaged in technical/solution consulting, the SDA will provide technical assistance and guidance to ODP in regards to Digital Transformation and technology support offerings. Initially, the SDA will identify the customer’s technical and business requirements. Prior to designing a solution, the SDA will consult with technical and delivery teams about capabilities. The SDA must be able to articulate the company’s technology and portfolio, positioning Digital Business Unit solutions to both business and technical users. The SDA will provide periodic input and feedback on trends in demand, sales outcomes, desired functionality, and user interaction improvements
Roles & Responsibilities
Performs the following Roles & Responsibilities for opportunities that are within the defined the “Opportunity Types” (size and category) of the Senior Solution Director role:
- Participates in pre-sales activities to identify and qualify specific sales opportunities within ODP.
- Participates in planning and driving new business within ODP.
- Supports sales management by giving standard presentations, evaluating customer needs and providing recommendations for selling CompuCom’s products and services.
- Creates SalesForce and DPS opportunity records and updates regularly following the standard CompuCom opportunity tracking methodology.
- Perform technical development for cloud solutions as part of a design and development framework
- Participates in the internal opportunity qualification process.
- Identifies and communicates to management requirements/scope requiring solution customization (outside standard offerings).
- Provides mentoring and training to peers and other colleagues within the organization.
- Leads capabilities presentations of CompuCom Services, tailored to ODP.
- Leads discovery workshops to understand business issues/objectives, projects, and problem statements.
- Documents and presents insights and recommended solutions to ODP providing value to meet business issues/objectives.
- Defines and documents the impact the CompuCom Offerings and associated Product Solutions will have on an organization’s ability to operate and transform their business.
- Participates in the contractual process of transacting IT Managed Services.
- As appropriate, develops and maintains an area of specialization.
- Keeps informed of newly-developed internal services, maintains awareness of market trends relating to IT infrastructure management and consults with prospective customers regarding CompuCom offerings.
- Stays current on technology changes in the market, competitive analysis and understanding differentiators between the company and its competitors.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality and Business Processes
- Work independently or collaboratively with Bid Management to identify Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) required to develop Business Unit (BU) solution and cost for assigned opportunities.
- Deconstructs bid documents for assigned opportunities to segment requirements, data points and underlying business challenges in support of solution development and win-theme planning.
- Leads opportunity pursuit and solution process, including responses to RFPs, contract renewals, and change orders for complex offerings.
- Develops the proposal plan and identifies proposal development requirements for assigned opportunities.
- Guides pursuit team to develop a cohesive solution, pricing, proposal creation, and presentations to the customer.
- Manages overall solution and integration of solution components.
- Validates solution meets client stated requirements.
- Develops proposals and Statements of Work (SOWs)s for assigned opportunities and assesses and mitigates risks through the solution design and contract language.
- Works with the BUs, region management and pricing team to establish margin and pricing.
- Coordinates proforma pricing with CompuCom’s BUs, Pricing team and Sales.
- Facilitates the creation of Client Orals Presentation materials for assigned deals. Participates in Orals to present the CompuCom solution.
- Leads the presentation of the proposal and solution to Client.
- Finalizes pricing with Sales, BUs and pricing team as necessary.
- Drives adherence to established Delegation of Authority (DOA) business rules based on opportunity stage in the sales process.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of the solution opportunity data in CompuCom systems.
- Obtains and is responsible for maintaining contract management skills and an appropriate certification sufficient to be an approved signatory on CompuCom contracts.
- Develops Contract Due Diligence plan and leads and coordinates Contract due diligence activities.
- Responsible for assessing business risk where it exists between CompuCom offerings and client requirements or internal business units and partner organizations.
- Leads SOW and contract discussions and negotiations with Client with consultative support from Legal and Sales.
- Secures all appropriate final opportunity/contract approvals from all required parties and required signatures.
- Manages smooth hand-off to Business Unit delivery teams once the contract for service is signed.
- Provides assistance as needed on the opportunity background to support delivery to avoid scope creep.
High-Level Summary of Solution Director - Skills
- Create a winning/positive environment
- Reacts to difficult situations with maturity and emotional intelligence
- Follows through on all commitments made and when/if appropriate, takes independent action to ensure results
- Establishes standards for self and others that ensures individual responsibility for actions taken and results desired
- Able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- Shows propensity to collaborate and lead teams
- Clearly communicates verbally and in writing
- Can confidently present CompuCom’s services and value propositions to the client C-level executives
- Presents information, instructions and ideas clearly and effectively
- Makes presentations that are organized, informative, concise and appropriate for audience
- Keeps appropriate people aware of plans, decisions, changes, and other relevant information
- Has demonstrated an ability to direct a solution conversation to a business value conversation to both internal and external C-level executives.
- Able to understand CompuCom’s standard offerings at a detailed level that allows them to solution opportunities, build credibility, and discuss benefits and features to a client. This requires broad technical knowledge and some depth in one or more focus areas
- Understands IT operational models, including shared services, outsourcing, rightsourcing and brokered services
- Demonstrates strong understanding of outsourced financial models including mapping of costs to requirements and market-based and competitive pricing
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of company services, business functions, policies, and procedures
- Able to prepare and deliver proposals for complex services to assist in Regional Sales business development
- Able to develop commercially and contractually sound SOWs and Change Requests that adhere to CompuCom standards and best practices
- Strong proposal writing ability
- Strong project management skills
- Strong contract negotiations skills
- Able to manage multiple opportunities
- Able to solution standard and complex offerings for multiple lines of business
- Able to determine appropriate solution approach and pricing strategies for opportunities
- Able to assess and mitigate risks through solution design
- Strong knowledge of company services, business functions, policies, and procedures
- Demonstrates knowledge of commitments (direct and implied and able to clearly articulate scope of services)
- Facilitates and manages issues to closure related to their scope of services
- Develops strong business relationships within the organization
- Able to apply knowledge in difficult or stressful situations. Extensive operational knowledge and ability to use it to solve difficult problems
- Motivation and Team Management
- Adapts motivational style to fit different people
- Engages and mobilizes people
- Understands and promotes teamwork and team building
- Works well and achieves results in an environment where other contributors do not report to the individual
- Works with solution peers to reach joint decisions without regard to own individual interest or ego
- Able to operate independently
- Able to operate under tight deadlines
- Able to maintain professional demeanor under stress
- Business and Technology Acumen
- Understand CompuCom’s Service Profile and Related Technologies used in Service Delivery
- Demonstrate understanding of the IT Managed Services/Outsourcing industry and competitive trends impacting the client
- Demonstrate knowledge of CompuCom’s competition in the industry
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or Engineering or equivalent experience
Minimum 10 years of experience and demonstrable capability with:
- Managing, operating and/or transforming IT organizations
- Working with enterprise IT environments, outsourced managed services infrastructure service solutions (i.e. Servers/Storage, Network, Data Center, Security, end user computing, mobility, etc.)
- Technical experience with Cloud Solutions preferred.
- An understanding of application development/deployment concepts and tools that enable successful Cloud transformation and organizational acceptance.
- Providing consultative services in a sales or professional services environment
- Strong technical and pre-sales knowledge in multiple areas of our IT Infrastructure Services
- Sales/pre-sales related activities (Solutioning outsourcing opportunities; SOW development and contract negotiations, customer presentations
- Understanding of multiple solution domains – Business Management, Service Management, Operations Management and Application Development
- Background in ITIL, Service Management, IT Management, IT Outsourcing
- Microsoft Office Tools WORD, EXCEL, PROJECT, POWERPOINT and VISIO, Google Docs