At Tech-Zone, we work hard to simplify technology solutions so small businesses don’t have to. Part of CompuCom, an IT services company that supports the top corporations in the U.S., Tech-Zone is designed to offer enterprise-level support to our local communities. We provide small and medium sized businesses with industrial-strength tech support and business-class hardware and software. We offer a combination of repair and IT maintenance services, as well as a wide array of new and refurbished computers, printers, tablets and smartphones. In-store or on-site, Tech-Zone is changing the way local businesses get support for the technology they rely on.
What You’ll Do
The Tech-Zone Support Center Manager will ensure the streamlined operation of IT Managed Service Plans within the Tech-Zone Service Desk. This role is responsible for developing, implementing and supporting effective technology solutions and remote network monitoring for all aspects of our managed service plans and customer environments. This position will lead a team of IT Service Desk Analysts, as well support and assist remote field engineers with technical support requirements when onsite at client locations.
The Tech-Zone Support Center Manager establishes operational objectives and assignments. Objectives are reviewed by senior management to determine success. Manages tasks of multiple functions through supervision of costs, methods, and staff. Prepares status reports, assures timeline compliance, assesses risks, and recommends solutions. Provides direction to team members and appropriate communications to customers.
- Takes a hands-on approach and has a daily eagerness to roll-up sleeves to achieve results by managing Level 1-3 support resources with day to day managed support solutions, client projects, while mentoring and coaching other team members
- Monitor and maintain existing client network and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Directly oversees the development and maintenance of processes and procedures for system backups and cloud support services
- Monitor systems performance and availability and take corrective action when warranted
- Follows-up on purchases of Client hardware and software requests and supports installation of equipment upon arrival
- Provide general help desk and user support, including support remote users
- Onboarding new employee and training as it relates to Tech-Zone Company policies
- Assists in maintaining and controlling IT budget, schedule and resources.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly metric KPI reporting for business and IT leadership
Who You Are
- 2 years plus experience in managing a help desk/service desk in an IT environment larger than 10 analysts or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent
- 10 plus years professional IT experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a management/leadership position
- Experience with Connectwise and Kaseya a plus
- Proven IT technical and management experience is required.
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory (DNS, DHCP, etc.). 2008/2012 Server administration
- Experience of Microsoft Office365 and MS Exchange Online administration
- Basic network administering and troubleshooting (LAN, WAN, internet)
- Hypervisor (VMWare and Hyper V) experience
- Experience in the basics of security, centralized backup solutions & server patching
- Strong mentoring and coaching skill
- Must be able to work independently while researching, analyzing and solving problems
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills, including ability to present and report.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization; including with executive business leaders
- Able to problem solve, and to identify areas of improvement and streamline processes that will result in efficiency processes and procedures
- Communicate and enforce clear standard processes and controls to ensure consistency and compliance
- Security orientated and conscious, strives to impose and validate policy adherence
Help us build our legacy. Work with us on our newest and best IT service offering. We’re transforming the way small businesses get IT services. Our client’s tech problems are no longer theirs, the ownership lies with us.
We innovate everything. We connect everyone. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
Join Tech-Zone. Grow Tech-Zone. Win with Tech-Zone!