CompuCom is seeking Desktop Support Team Lead. Serves as technical escalation point and initial customer contact for escalations and issues. Provides day-to-day operational leadership and technical support to team and end users. Offers feedback and recommendations to management regarding technicians and operational performance. Receives and communicates team process, procedures and expectations.
Performs technical support for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware with minimal supervision. Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network. Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment. Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel. Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades. May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects. May conduct training programs designed to educate an organization’s computer users about basic and specialized applications. May involve use of problem management databases and help desk system.
The Team Lead Level applies job skills and company policies and procedures to complete a variety of tasks. Leads others and works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Normally receives and communicates to team instructions on routine work, and detailed instructions on new assignments.
Administrative management duties of personnel may include time and record keeping, compliance review, overseeing work assignments, scheduling of team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform administrative management duties of personnel such as time and record keeping, compliance review, overseeing work assignments, scheduling of team.
- Lead staff meetings to communicate information and facilitate knowledge sharing.
- May represent CompuCom at customer meetings on operational performance and related issues.
- Monitor service delivery metrics and prepare operational reports for management review.
- Create technical documents and maintain knowledge base.
- Conduct training on new process, procedures and technology.
- Support new hire assimilation.
- Rapid response and ownership of issues and requests reported by customers via case management system, telephone or email.
- Perform general technical support, and troubleshoots and desktop systems software and hardware.
- Perform computer hardware and software installation and configuration.
- Investigate system problems and provide solutions using specific product knowledge, system utilities, and operating environment.
- Perform installs, moves, add, changes and decommission of computer equipment.
- Follow established process and procedures to satisfy job requirements.
- Provide user data and application recovery.
- Document and report on all work performed on behalf of customers.
- Maintain accurate inventory and support records.
- Maintain knowledge and certifications necessary to support computer equipment and peripherals.
- Represents CompuCom in a professional and businesslike manner and communicates effectively with customers and associates.
- Maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction by resolving all tangible problems and concerns.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
REQUIRED SKILLS & CREDENTIALS
- Broad-based technical support expertise with experience in major product lines.
- Moderate experience with tablets and other mobilie devices (Apple, Blackberry, Samsung, etc.)
- A+ certification or similar industry certification.
- Customer service focus.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with ability to gain cooperation of others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability and emotional intelligence to teach highly technical content to users with any level of experience.
- Technical skills.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong organization skills.
PHYSICAL & COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to lift, push or pull 50 pounds or more and be able to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods.
- Ability to communicate difficult information in a neutral and professional manner.
- Ability to remain calm in emotionally-charged situations.
- Ability to manage simultaneous and conflicting priorities in an effective manner.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify and protect confidential information.