The Vice President of Sales has overall sales responsibility for selling company products and IT services to assigned accounts in the retail industry. This candidate is responsible for maintaining and growing business in existing accounts as well as net new business. Takes lead position in initiating sales calls, determining project scope, developing final proposal and pricing, and making executive presentations. Determines staff assignments, provides training, and completes management development duties. Uses highly developed negotiation skills to resolve controversial situations, customer negotiations, and influence/persuade senior management. Directs activities of one or several broad functional areas for revenue; customer relationship management; budget planning; implementing and maintaining costs, methods, and enterprise sales executives in the territory. Travel up to 70%
The successful candidate must have experience working at a Reseller with a focus on the retail vertical.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capitalizes on business development opportunities with both current and potential customers by initiating sales calls, preparing and delivering presentations, and obtaining customer commitments.
- Determines tactical direction of business unit, taking into account sales plan figures, and develops appropriate execution plans.
- Defines largest proposals ensuring solutions best satisfy customer needs. Leads all types of projects. Provides summarized data, including forecasts.
- Determines appropriateness of proposed solution. Examines available internal resources to ascertain whether current resources will be able support efforts detailed in proposal. Makes recommendations where appropriate.
- Monitors progress of assigned projects. Handles most complex customer issues when required. Provides expert advice on project “sticking points” which are creative in nature and executable in practice.
- Selects and trains qualified candidates capable of filling immediate and long-term customer needs.
- Manages any personnel or discipline issues that may arise. Controls hiring and terminations as needed.
- Provides training, coaching, and counseling to subordinate managers and/or individual contributors for continuous improvement.
- 10 years experience of solid experience selling IT services into large retail accounts.
- Understands company products and services, as well as those available in the competitive market
- Successful track record of managing $100M+ revenue budget.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of applicable education and experience.
- Good problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills are also required, with the leadership ability to change thinking or gain acceptance in sensitive situations.
- Travel up to 70%
**CompuCom supports Employment Equity and Diversity
**CompuCom Systems, Inc., a global company, provides IT managed services, infrastructure solutions, consulting and products to Fortune 1000 companies committed to enhancing their end users’ experience. Founded in 1987, privately held CompuCom employs approximately 11,500 associates. For more information, visit www.compucom.com *LI-DS1