The System Administor is part of the End Point Management team and provides L2 & L3 support for PC related issues with PC Builds, Software Distribution, Performance, Connectivity, MS Patch Mgmt. This individual will be an extension of the already established End Point Management team working on-site at our client in Atlanta, GA. This candidate must have experience as well as be able to demonstrate their technical proficiency in Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012/ 17xx with expertise in administrating medium to large environments. This candidate will be client facing and therefore must possess the skills of a junior level PM to ensure our client’s concerns are identified and addressed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to create Advertisement/Collections/Packages within an SCCM 2012 / 17xx multi-site environment.
- Understanding of setup/use/troubleshooting of software deployment “Maintenance Windows”.
- Reporting within standard SCCM 2012 / 17xx.
- Evaluate alternatives for deploying and supporting applications in a managed environment.
- Build Win7 & Win10 systems from SCCM or MDT.
- Ability to update OSD task sequences on a quarterly basis to manage security patch updates.
- Provide L2 & L3 support for Deskside support analysts.
- Consults with the client regularly to identify needs, develop and implement proposals.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with business representatives.
- Responsible for proper escalation, communications, and management of production system problems.
- Ability to perform training for Deskside support analyst when required to ensure Deskside has the tools and knowledge they require working in a multi-site environment.
- Troubleshoot core application issues caused by MS patch(s) and or software update(s).
- Work with “Client” communications team for software rollouts and changes when required.
- Attend change and release management meetings and communicate change items to and from the team with others in attendance.
- Interact with local Deskside analyst(s) to ensure processes are being followed and that the End Point Management team is properly engaged into L2 & L3 support requirements.
- Answer email and walk up questions related to End Point Management activities.
- Investigate widespread client issues that arise and address with the team.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- MCTS strongly preferred
Experience / Skills:
- Understanding of all standard operating systems
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM, OSD, Task Sequences, Microsoft SMS, Microsoft BDD
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills: gets along well with others
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Shares knowledge readily and recognizes own need to learn