Solution Architect for Digital Business Unit
Job Description Summary
CompuCom Digital helps clients transform their businesses into digital enterprises, providing thought leadership, innovation, and the deep digital expertise necessary to compete and win. As part of CompuCom Digital, our Digital Transformation Services include Strategy Development, Design Thinking, Operations Innovation, Cloud migration and implementation. We are hiring a pre-sales consulting role to promote and to help clients migrate applications and data to the cloud - focused on industry-ready services for the finance, retail, and life sciences markets. Digital drives the next wave of data management and analytics for our customers with Big Data as a service to address the progression towards structured and unstructured data management, reporting, analytics, and data science services. The right entrepreneurial candidate with the drive to grow a practice in some of the hottest areas of the market is sure to thrive.
- Primarily engaged in pre-sales technical consulting, the Solution Architect will provide technical assistance and guidance to prospective and existing clients in regards to Digital Transformation products which design and perform the move of workloads, applications, and data to public cloud in its multiple forms and variants. First, the Solution Architect identifies the customer’s technical and business requirements. Prior to designing a solution, the Solution Architect will consult with technical and delivery teams about capabilities. The architect will then support business sales teams and partners on account strategy and proposal activities. The Solution Architect must be able to articulate the company’s technology and portfolio, positioning Digital Business Unit solutions to both business and technical users. The solution architect will provide periodic input and feedback on trends in demand, sales outcomes, desired functionality, and user interaction improvements.
- Key Responsibilities
- Attend meetings with potential Clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensure that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution
- Provide technical solutions in a professional manner and to agreed timeframes
- Create and confidently deliver technical presentations internally and externally
- Deliver training on solutions and provide product support to channel partners and internal stakeholders
- Create internal design configuration documentation including network diagrams with technical explanations
- Work with Product Management to provide feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products
- Builds productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities
- Perform technical development for cloud solutions as part of a design and development framework
- Able to understand business drivers and risks involved to the customer and to CompuCom Systems, Inc.
- Sell technical solutions to the customer with professionalism and enthusiasm
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to include - activity reports, bid reviews, project forecasts, KPI’s
- Structure and produce compelling sales proposals and technical documentation outlining the cost savings and business benefits to clients
- Interface with the implementation/project team, articulating customer requirement, to ensure smooth transition from Sale to Delivery
- Ability to demonstrate CompuCom Internet products and technologies effectively to audiences of varied technical knowledge
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality and Business Processes
- BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable in Computer Science or Technology related degree.
- Technical experience with Cloud Solutions
- 6+ years of experience in Database Management including building, developing and deploying applications and Databases to the Cloud
- An understanding of application development/deployment concepts and tools that enable successful Cloud transformation and organizational acceptance.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and ability to evangelize the cloud platform
- Experience in a customer-facing, role such as consultant, technical solutions engineer or solutions architect
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure
- Willingness to travel