We are seeking a Sr Solution Director to support our sales team.
The Senior Solution Director will attend sales calls with the Account Executives to instill confidence and establish credibility with the client. Makes and develops contacts with existing and potential customers. Analyzes existing and anticipated customer requirements and promotes consideration of CompuCom’s products and services to meet such requirements. Coordinates pricing with appropriate teams to maintain margins. Conducts sales presentations. Keeps informed of new services, maintains technical proficiency and consults with prospective customers regarding CompuCom. Provides marketing intelligence to sales management, and may participate in the development of sales forecasts and strategies.
Our successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes
- Leadership skills
- Communication Skills
- Solutioning Skills
- Operational Skills
- Motivation and Team management
- Business and Technology Acumen
- Strong technical or pre-sales in one or more areas of IT Infrastructure
Solution Development Responsibilities
- Work independently or collaboratively with Bid Management to identify Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) required to develop Business Unit (BU) solution and cost for assigned opportunities.
- Deconstructs bid documents for assigned opportunities to segment requirements, data points and underlying business challenges in support of solution development and win-theme planning
- Leads opportunity pursuit and solution process, including responses to RFPs, contract renewals, and change orders for standard offerings (e.g. standard content and cost models exist).
- Develops the proposal plan and identifies proposal development requirements for assigned opportunities.
- Manages overall solution and integration of solution components.
- Validates solution meets client stated requirements.
- Develops proposals and Statements of Work (SOWs) using standard templates for assigned opportunities and assesses and mitigates risks through the solution design and contract language.
- Support the AEs, BUs, region management and pricing team to establish margin and pricing.
- Coordinates proforma pricing with CompuCom’s BUs, Pricing team and Sales.
- Supports the AE with the presentation of the proposal and solution to Client.
- Finalizes pricing with Sales, BUs and pricing team as necessary.
- Drives adherence to established Delegation of Authority (DOA) business rules based on opportunity stage in the sales process.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of the solution opportunity data in CompuCom systems.
Contract Management Responsibilities
- Obtains and is responsible for maintaining contract management skills and an appropriate certification sufficient to be an approved signatory on CompuCom contracts.
- Responsible for identifying business risk where it exists between CompuCom offerings and client requirements or internal business units and partner organizations.
- Supports the AE with the presentation of the SOW and contract documents to Client.
- Supports the Account Executive in contract/SOW negotiations.
- Secures all appropriate final opportunity/contract approvals from all required parties and required signatures.
- Manages smooth hand-off to Business Unit delivery teams once the contract for service is signed.
- Provides assistance as needed on the opportunity background to support delivery to avoid scope creep.
Minimum 5 years of experience and demonstrable capability with:
- Managing, operating and/or transforming IT organizations
- Working with enterprise IT environments, outsourced managed services infrastructure service solutions (i.e. Servers/Storage, Network, Data Center, Security, end user computing, mobility, etc.)
- Providing consultative services in a sales or professional services environment
- Strong technical or pre-sales knowledge in one or more areas of IT Infrastructure
- Sales/pre-sales related activities (Solutioning outsourcing opportunities; SOW development and contract negotiations, customer presentations
- Understanding of multiple solution domains – Business Management, Service Management, Operations Management and Application Development
- Background in ITIL, Service Management, IT Management, IT Outsourcing
- Core Microsoft Office Tools WORD, EXCEL, PROJECT, POWERPOINT and VISIO
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or Engineering or equivalent experience
**CompuCom supports Employment Equity and Diversity**CompuCom Systems, Inc., a global company that provides IT managed services, infrastructure solutions, consulting and products to Fortune 1000 companies committed to enhancing their end users’ experience. Founded in 1987, privately held CompuCom employs approximately 11,500 associates. For more information, visit www.compucom.com