The Retail Cheif Technologist will lead retail strategic planning activities and drive retail business development for the company.
Become CompuCom’s Client Facing Thought Leader for Retail
- Develop a strong network of CIOs and CEOs within the industry
- Work closely with key retail customers to understand their priorities and pain points.
- Drive customer engagement through forums like roundtables.
- Attend industry conferences (i.e. NRF) and build relationships in order to maintain a deep understanding of innovations and opportunities in the industry.
- Raise industry profile by sitting on industry panels, writing thought pieces, and maintaining a strong online presence
- Share industry knowledge with customers and use toward building the product development strategy.
- Join Account Executives on sales calls as a Subject Matter Expert.
Drive Retail Business Development
- Understand the evolution of the technology landscape in the store/branch and build a strong point of view around innovation. Understand what technologies our customers should be using (i.e. which POS system, in store tools).
- Forge relationships directly with relevant technology providers.
- Build channel partnerships
Build a Retail Product Development Strategy
- Tailor and package existing products and features to appeal specifically to the retail market
- Work with internal business unit teams to translate the customer needs into new features, offerings, and solutions.
Develop and Lead a Retail Go to Market Strategy
- Educate the sales team on products and offers.
- Educate the sales team on the priorities of the customers and trending market opportunities.
- Work closely with the marketing team to raise the profile of CompuCom in the retail vertical and drive lead generation activities.
- MBA or equivalent in education and experience
- 10+ years of experience in the retail industry, preferably in a CIO/CTO or strategy role
- Successful track record of building strong industry relationships
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Will specifically possess the following:
- Ability to influence senior leaders in a highly matrix-based organization
- Broad depth of knowledge of the retail industry including trends, future direction, and needs
- Demonstrated success in maintaining perspective and focusing on key priorities
- Proven record as a good team player with an understanding of how to deliver both personal and team goals
- Background in strategy and/or marketing is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Highly developed analytical skills and data savvy
- Capacity to work independently or as part of a team with a “roll up your sleeves” approach.
- Proven ability as thought leader who is creative and innovative in identifying solutions and persuading others to a course of action
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and facilitation skills.
*will consider this role to be based in other locations