The Director, Contact Center Technology will be responsible for delivering a high quality, reliable architecture, design and implementation for CompuCom’s Contact Center Technology. This person will provide leadership and vision to the Telecommunication teams and will be a partner with our Service Experience Executive Team. This position will report to the VP, Infrastructure.
This position will be responsible for the IT Strategy and driving innovation for CompuCom’s Contact Center Technology. This role will be responsible for managing a flexible and adaptable high-performance organization. This includes driving execution and adoption initiatives, evaluating and redefining enterprise architecture, evaluating current operating systems to map to business needs and ensuring effective execution on IT Strategy. This position will be responsible for our Contact Center Strategy and will partner with our Business Stakeholders on our Business Continuity Plan.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years of Contact Center Technology experience with a minimum of 5 years at a Director level
- Experience creating and managing world-class contact center environments
- Experience designing and operating world-class, scalable contact centers
- Experience leading teams within a managed services environment
- Direct management of complex budgets
- Demonstrated success leading large, cross functional, sourced, or matrixed Teams
- Ability to translate business requirements into understandable IT services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field
- Expert UCCE contact center technology design & implementation best practices to maximize user experience
- Expert in developing, documenting, and implementing procedures to streamline highly virtualized and global contact center, processes, and business continuity
- Experience with remote agent configurations and related technologies that facilitate "work from anywhere" capabilities.
- Expertise with outside carrier services such as SIP trunking, T1, PRI, MPLS, DID Expertise in voice and call routing and switching
- Expert and recent experience with the design and configuration of CTI products.
- Expert experience with Cisco VoIP UC products and capabilities , including desk phones and soft phones
- Experience with Call Manager, ICM, IVR
- Experience with best practices in mobile device management
- Experience with traditional PBX systems as well as migrations and upgrades to UC Preferred eGain experience
- Cisco CCNP Collaboration (voice/IP telephony) certification strongly preferred
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Set the Contact Center Strategy & Champion Change
- Create and communicate a clear and compelling vision for the Contact Center Technology Delivery strategy.
- Make appropriate adjustments in the current support model and process to support new strategic objectives.
- Manage a team of support engineers focused on protecting and enhancing UC and telecommunications eco-system.
- Identify opportunities for service and process improvements.
- Strong verbal, written, and communication skills are required due to the dynamic nature of collaboration across multiple business areas at all levels of the company
- Must be capable of speaking to and working with diverse teams across IT, business units, and clients
- Must be comfortable building and delivering presentations at the executive level.
- Participate in business continuity and disaster recovery planning for voice and CTI environment to minimize work disruption
- Must be familiar with tracking voice/telecommunications performance against contractual service level agreements.
- Accountability: Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same.
- Acts Strategically: Makes decisions and set strategy based on the long-term vision, uses an enterprise-wide perspective to translate strategies into actions, inspires others to embrace and advance the strategy, and creates a clear view of the future state.
- Collaborates: Engages others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives, focusing on a shared purpose.
- Leads Positively: Leads by example to cultivate a climate of motivation, positive energy and meaning in work. Selects, recognizes, develops, and empowers diverse talent